Processing of radioactively contaminated ion exchangers by oxidation in molten salts
- Selection and experimental verification of suitable salts to be used as a molten bath for the MSO technology with selected types of radioactive waste – consideration of all of the technological, operational, and economical factors.
- Verification of applicability of borate concentrates produced in cleaning station of the primary circuit of VVER type nuclear power plants as molten bath media for organic wastes oxidation.
- Proposal of optimized conditions for processing of selected radioactive waste in the melt based on carbonate salts and boritane concentrates – consideration of all of the technological, operational, and economical factors.
- Transfer and verification of laboratory experiments results to the semi-pilot plant.
- Verification of fundamental parametres and acquisition of balance data using the semi-pilot plant for processing selected uncontaminated and/or contaminated radioactive waste.
- Testing of semi-pilot plant with real radioactively uncontaminated and contaminated waste.
- Assessment of the future applicability of the MSO technology in the industrial scale based on the data obtained.
Participants: CHEMCOMEX Praha, a.s., a Ústav chemických procesů AV ČR, v. v. i..
The TA04021660 Project is solved with financial support from TA ČR.